Washington State Dyslexia Advisory Council
The Council will:
- By June 1, 2019, identify tools and resources that will help screen for dyslexia or indicators of dyslexia; and
- By June 1, 2020, develop recommendations on best practices for implementing the screenings in school districts, staff training to target the areas of need for those experiencing dyslexia or indicators of dyslexia, information for parents and families that includes a list of resources, and best practices to help students in grades three and above who might be experiencing dyslexia.
Over 150 people applied to the Dyslexia Advisory Council, the review process was double blind, and to ensure fairness, three separate reviewers ranked each applicant.
- School Administrators
- Non-Profit Organizations
- School Psychologists
- Special Education Educators
- Elementary Educators
- District Administrators
- Literacy Specialists
- Higher Education Educators
- English Language Learner Educators
- OSPI and AESD Staff and Coordinators