Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
A key strategy to realizing the vision of closing opportunity gaps in Washington is a comprehensive Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) framework. A framework for enhancing the adoption and implementation of a continuum of evidence-based practices to achieve important outcomes for all students.
The components of the MTSS framework represent the combination of Response to Intervention (RtI) and Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS). Implementation science guides the strategic application of MTSS.
- Family/Community Engagement
- Team driven shared leadership
- Data based decision making
- Family/student/community engagement
- Continuum supports
- Evidence based practices
MTSS PLC Webinars 2019-2020
Webinars From 11am-12pm
- 1/10/20 Susan Barrett- Initiative Inventory and Alignment
- 2/14/20 Caryn Ward- Using the Hexagon Tool for Selecting New Practices
- 3/6/20 Mark McKechnie- Using Disaggregated Data to Identify and Support Vulnerable Student Groups
- 4/10/20 Rhonda Nese- Providing Alternatives to Exclusion
- 5/8/20 Devon Minch- Engaging Families in MTSS