OSPI Site Information
Translations of pages on the OSPI website are performed by Google Translate.
The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact. OSPI does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats. We hope you find the translations useful, if not completely accurate. If you have any questions about Google Translate, please visit Google Translate FAQs. If you experience problems with Google Translate while on the OSPI website, contact OSPI-Webmaster@k12.wa.us.
External Link Policy
The OSPI website is not a public forum for communication and debate. Links to external websites are established and retained at OSPI's discretion. OSPI does not accept or reply to link exchange requests.
OSPI may provide links to websites that are not controlled, maintained, or regulated by the agency, and as such the agency is not responsible for the content of those websites. Any information obtained from an external website is not guaranteed by OSPI and the user should review the accuracy of any information before relying upon it. Reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, or otherwise does not represent endorsement or recommendation by OSPI.
Links to the following types of Web pages may be included in the OSPI website:
- Other governmental units and educational institutions. OSPI may provide links to other federal, state, and local governmental units that provide additional services and information the OSPI website users may find of interest.
- Private organizations. OSPI may provide links to private organizations if these organizations offer services that complement the purpose, information and services offered by the agency and if the links meet the acceptance criteria stated in this policy.
An inappropriate website may include but is not limited to:
- A commercial website which charges a fee for products or services online;
- A website that exhibits hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- A website that advocates or promotes the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs;
- A website that lobbies, advocates, or advances the policies and priorities of a particular industry, organization or enterprise. This includes sites of non-profit organizations;
- A website that furthers the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office;
- A website that promotes or makes available adult or sexually oriented entertainment or materials;
- A website that promotes, opposes, or makes available weapons or gambling.
OSPI provides equal access to all programs and services without discrimination based on sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Questions and complaints of alleged discrimination should be directed to the Director of the Office of Equity and Civil Rights, P.O. Box 47200, Olympia, WA 98504-7200, (360) 725-6162.
OSPI is committed to providing access to all individuals seeking information on our website. Please visit our Website Accessibility page to find out more about our accessibility policy and contact information.
Except where otherwise noted, content by the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Alternate material licenses with different levels of user permission are clearly indicated next to the specific content in the materials.
If any work is adapted, note the substantive changes and re-title, removing any Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction logos. Provide the following attribution: “This resource was adapted from original materials provided by the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction. Original materials may be accessed on the OSPI website.”
Specific resources may have different attribution directions. If so, please follow those instructions. We also ask that you apply an open license to the new derivative work, with the least restrictive open license possible that is not in conflict with existing licenses. This will allow the public to realize the educational impact from the substantial investments the state, the federal government, and private foundations have made in educational resources created by OSPI employees and their collaborators.
Contact the Webmaster
To report a broken link or give feedback on the OSPI website, please email OSPI-Webmaster@k12.wa.us.