Training and Presentations
These trainings and presentations offer non-authoritative guidance in understanding and applying OSPI, State, and Federal requirements. Authoritative guidance may be found under the Instructions and WAC links on our website.
Apportionment Report Training Materials
- F-196 Year End Workshop - Ralph Fortunato provides updates and review on revisions to the F196 Financial Reporting System.
- Transportation Workshop - T.J. Kelly and Michelle Matakas provide an update on the potential impacts of Covid-19 on transportation.
- Accounting Year End Workshop - Paul Stone covers topics such as year end accounting tools, ESSERF claims, food and transportation programs, and NCES codes.
- 2019-20 Accounting Changes - Paul Stone provides an update on revisions to the 2019-20 school year Accounting Manual, and changes made to the chart of accounts and fiscal reporting.
- 2018-19 School Financial Services Update - Ralph Fortunato provides a school financial services update.
- 2019-20 School Financial Services Budgeting Update - Mike Dooley provides a school financial services budgeting update.
- 2019-21 Biennial Budget Update - Michelle Matakas and T.J. Kelly review what we know of the 2019 legislative session to date relating to School Apportionment and Financial Services.
- SAFS Hot Topics - Michelle Matakas and T.J. Kelly reviews what we know of the 2017 legislative session to date relating to School Apportionment and Financial Services.
- Enrollment Reporting Update - Becky McLean presented on current enrollment issues.
- K-3 Funding Formula Walk-through - Melissa Jarmon provided an explanation on the calculation and how to spot errors in the reports.
- School Apportionment Hot Topics - T.J. Kelly presented the hot topics in school apportionment.
- SB 6195 Data Collection - Michelle Matakas and T.J. Kelly presented on the proposed structure of the compensation data collection as required in SB 6195.
- Hot Topics and Legislative Update - JoLynn Berge, Kim Brodie, Mitch Denning, and T.J. Kelly contributed to a two hour long session addressing recently passed legislation and apportionment hot topics.
- Enrollment Reporting Update - Becky McLean gave a presentation on the transition to school level enrollment reporting for the 2016-17 school year.
- School Apportionment Hot Topics T.J. Kelly reviews what we know of the 2015 legislative session to date relating to School Apportionment and Financial Services
- School Apportionment Hot Topics T.J. Kelly presented some of the hottest topics in school apportionment.
- School Financial Services Update Daniel Lunghofer, Paul Stone, Mike Dooley, and Ramona Garner presented on late changes to the Accounting Manual for 2013-14, new changes to the Accounting Manual for 2014-15, changes to the F-195 for 2014-15, and changes to the F-196 for 2013-14.
- To/From Transportation Accounting Allan Jones, Daniel Lunghofer, Paul Stone, Marilyn Sollers (ESD 189), and Ruth Russell (University Place School District) led a round-table discussion on how to do to/from transportation accounting. This PowerPoint framed the conversations.
- Maintenance of Effort Daniel Lunghofer gave a presentation on Maintenance of Effort, looking at the Federal Cross-Cutting test and the Special Education Maintenance of Effort test. Copies of the test templates are available on the SAFS tools page.
- McCleary Update Andrea Cobb and JoLynn Berge gave a presentation talking about the McCleary funding decision by the court, including some background, where we're at now and where we still need to go.
- Leg Update JoLynn Berge presented some of the actions that took place during the 2014 Legislative session, as well as a few Community Eligibility provision for Federal programs.