Alternate English Language Proficiency Assessment
OSPI adopted with WIDA Alternate ACCESS for ELL in 2018 to assess the language proficiency for English Learners (ELs) with the most significant cognitive disabilities. You'll find information to support schools and districts in administering the assessment including key dates, resources, and training.
Pre-Identification: December 13, 2021 (Please note that pre-identification for this test happens in the Washington Assessment Management System, more commonly known as WAMS).
Testing Materials arrive in district: Two weeks before testing
Additional Materials Order Window: Two weeks before testing begins to one week before testing ends
- Note: each district has ONE order of "additional" materials before associated costs are assumed
Materials Return: One week after close of window
- Note: materials must be picked up by the courier on or before the last day to ship.
- Guidance for determining ELs' participating in an alternate language assessment (page 15)
- Guidance on Domain Exemptions
- Accessibility and Accommodations Supplement
- District and School Test Coordinator
- Disability Crosswalk
- Alternate ACCESS for ELLs Interpretive Guide
- FAQ for Alt ELP Assessment
All Test Administrators for the WIDA Alternate ACCESS are required to complete TA training annually. Training is available on the WIDA Secure Portal under Assessment Training.
WIDA Non Disclosure Agreement is required for all staff involved in WIDA Alternate ACCESS test administration or training.