- Federal Special Education Data Reporting Deadlines (updated 4/27/2021)
- Federal Special Education Child Count and Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) -(Deadline: 12/17/2021)
- Personnel Employed and Contracted to Work with Students w/IEPs-(Deadline: 12/14/2021)
Special Education Data Collection
Under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), the OSPI Special Education Section is required to submit an Annual Performance Report (APR) to OSEP that incorporates performance indicators (provided by OSEP), activities, and targets for each indicator. In addition, OSPI must report publicly each district's annual progress for indicators 1-14.
Announcements & Data Issues
Special Education Data & Fiscal Scheduled Office Hours
To allow districts regular scheduled access to chat about current issues and ask questions, the Special Education Operations Team has scheduled office hours via zoom from 1–2:00 pm on Wednesdays beginning October 6, 2021.
Participants are encouraged to send questions or topics they wish to have addressed during the office hour in advance, although that is not required. Participants are welcome to ask questions or raise topics during the meeting. Questions or topics can be submitted to the special education data team.
To access a meeting please use the link – Sandy Grummick’s Zoom Meeting Room.
District Data Profiles
OSPI must report annually to the public on the performance of each school district or educational service agency located in the State of Washington on the target's set in the state performance plan (SPP).
Enter the district's five-digit county-district code in the cell indicated in each Excel document to display a districts composite of performance indicators cited in the annual performance report.
* Note: Right clicking a link (instead of the normal left click) will offer the "Save Target as..." option. Save to your hard drive, normally Desktop/My Documents. Accessing content from My Documents will avoid security and save changes prompts.
- LEA District Profiles [Includes (but not limited to) data used in the FFY 2019 submitted February 2021]
- LEA District Profiles [Includes (but not limited to) data used in the FFY 2018 submitted February 2020]
- Data included in the FFY 2017 APR (February 2019)
- Data included in the FFY 2016 APR (February 2018)
- Data included in the FFY 2015 APR (February 2017)
- Data included in the FFY 2014 APR (February 2016)
- Data included in the FFY 2013 APR (February 2015)
OSPI collects special education data which must be submitted annually to the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), U.S. Department of Education.
Federal and state special education regulations require that school districts provide information regarding the numbers and types of students with an IEP by placement option within the district's continuum of alternative placements, as well as the student's disability category, ethnicity, gender, and English Learner (EL) status.