Special Education Data Collection
Annual Performance Report
Under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), the OSPI Special Education Section is required to submit an Annual Performance Report (APR) to OSEP that incorporates performance indicators (provided by OSEP), activities, and targets for each indicator. In addition, OSPI must report publicly each district's annual progress for indicators 1-14.
- APR FFY 2018 Proposed Targets
- APR FFY 2017 | FFY 2017 APR Summary
- APR FFY 2016
- APR FFY 2015
- APR FFY 2014
- APR FFY 2013
District Data Profiles
OSPI must report annually to the public on the performance of each school district or educational service agency located in the State of Washington on the target's set in the state performance plan (SPP).
Enter the district's five-digit county-district code in the cell indicated in each Excel document to display a districts composite of performance indicators cited in the annual performance report.
* Note: Right clicking a link (instead of the normal left click) will offer the "Save Target as..." option. Save to your hard drive, normally Desktop/My Documents. Accessing content from My Documents will avoid security and save changes prompts.
- Data included in the FFY 2017 APR (February 2019)
- Data included in the FFY 2016 APR (February 2018)
- Data included in the FFY 2015 APR (February 2017)
- Data included in the FFY 2014 APR (February 2016)
- Data included in the FFY 2013 APR (February 2015)
OSPI collects special education data which must be submitted annually to the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), U.S. Department of Education.
Federal and state special education regulations require that school districts provide information regarding the numbers and types of students with an IEP by placement option within the district's continuum of alternative placements, as well as the student's disability category, ethnicity, gender, and English Learner (EL) status.