- School District Foster Care Liaison Forums:
- Register for September 8, 10-11am: Saving Time and Serving Students Effectively During Covid-19
- Review the Office of Education Omuds' August 20, 2020 presentation, A Discussion With The Office of Education Ombuds.
- Q & A from Foster Care Liaison Check-In - 3/24/20
- Foster Care CEDARS Instructions
- CPR Foster Care Checklist with Strategies for Success
The Foster Care Program at OSPI supports students in foster care by encouraging innovative practices that reduce educational disruptions, strengthen school stability, and improve academic performance. Schools, child welfare agencies, communities, and families must work together to provide the equitable opportunities, specialized services, and useful supports that are essential for students in foster care to be successful in school and in life.
As part of the Student Support division, the Foster Care Education Program partners with educators, foster parents, social workers, state agencies, and advocates as they work to support the whole child through evidence-based, best-practices and collaboration.
Find contact information by county, DCYF region, and school district for liaisons and Children's Administration staff who can help resolve issues and provide support.
Learn about the responsibilities in your new role.
Browse through this comprehensive, interactive guide for detailed information.
Find state and federal laws that support students in foster care along with guidance to help with implementation and advocacy.
Find information about helping students in foster care with financial aid and other post-secondary resources.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Foster Care Education in Washington State.
Tools and materials on this page are created to assist districts in the implementation of state and federal laws as well as to assist others in advocating for students in foster care.