Are you an evaluator who completed TPEP Stage 1 and 2 training prior to June 2018? If so, we encourage you to attend the new Equity in Your Framework professional development session on March 6, 2020 in Pasco, WA!
Teacher/Principal Evaluation Program
The Teacher and Principal Evaluation and Growth Program (TPEP) is based on these core principles:
- High quality teaching and leading are key to student success.
- Growth in practice is developmental in nature.
- Growth occurs best when there are clear standards of practice supported by quality professional learning and learning-focused feedback.
- Evaluation systems should reflect and address the career continuum.
- The focus for teacher and principal growth should be driven by student learning needs.
2019-2020 TPEP Policy Changes
Please read Bulletin 031-19 for more information!
- Comprehensive evaluation timelines
- Clock hour requirements
- Teacher evaluations not being adversely impacted by subject matter related to sexual orientation as long as the subject matter is age-appropriate and connected to the teacher's content area
Required Instructional Trainings for principals and assistant principals.
Instructional frameworks alongside student growth goals and the important part they play in the evaluation process.
Research and reports that have been published about the WA TPEP process.