Teacher/Principal Evaluation Program
The Teacher and Principal Evaluation and Growth Program (TPEP) is based on these core principles:
- High quality teaching and leading are key to student success.
- Growth in practice is developmental in nature.
- Growth occurs best when there are clear standards of practice supported by quality professional learning and learning-focused feedback.
- Evaluation systems should reflect and address the career continuum.
- The focus for teacher and principal growth should be driven by student learning needs.
Evaluation Guidance for 2022-23
Districts should plan to return to pre-pandemic evaluation procedures for the 2022–23 school year. Modified Comprehensive Evaluation procedures will no longer be allowable. The TPEP Steering Committee will meet in August to discuss any possible adjustments to these procedures should the normal, in-person operation of the school appear to be an issue. Please consult the TPEP FAQ for reference in returning to pre-pandemic evaluation procedures.
- The TPEP Steering Committee has recommended expanding the implementation timeline for using the revised Student Growth Goal rubrics to a two-year period.
- See the Student Growth section of our TPEP website for rubrics, guidance, tools, and other resources.
eVAL will be undergoing a process to make the platform ADA compliant. Under the advisement of the TPEP Steering Committee, OSPI is convening a technical advisory committee to provide input and guidance on the work of making eVAL ADA compliant.
Districts will continue to have access to eVAL in its current form while the work of transitioning occurs. Once we have a clear timeline and transition plan, we will communicate it via GovDelivery and a Bulletin. For any questions, please contact Ann Gray, Associate Director in the Educator Effectiveness Office.