Special Education Funding and Finance
The purpose of this page is to provide school district employees and the general public with a central location to find information relating to Special Education funding.
Annual State Grant Application
Washington's annual application to the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) for Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA) funds.
- FFY 2022
- FFY 2021
- FFY 2020
- FFY 2019
- FFY 2018 (posted for comment 3/18, mailed to OSEP and reposted with signature 5/14/18)
- 2018 Interactive Spreadsheet (updated 4/19/18)
- FFY 2017 (posted 3/17)
- FFY 2016 (posted 3/16)
- FFY 2015 (posted 2/25/15)
Special Education funding in Washington State is provided through state and federal funding sources.
Safety net funding is available to school districts with a demonstrated capacity for Special Education funding in excess of state and federal funding otherwise provided.
Health Care Authority (HCA) is the main entity responsible for Medicaid.
Questions regarding the Medicaid program should be directed to:
Shanna Muirhead, Program Manager
School-Based Healthcare Services for Children in Special Education
Community & Health Care Services
Health Care Authority
Required Medicaid Forms
- Annual Notification for Disclosure of Student Information - Medicaid do not submit to OSPI
- Medicaid Consent for Verification and Billing do not submit to OSPI
- Questions? Call 360-725-6075 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.