Special Education WAC and Federal IDEA
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) of 2004 is the federal law that guarantees free appropriate public education (FAPE) is provided to eligible students with disabilities. The Washington state regulations on special education can be found in the Washington Administrative Code (WAC) Chapter 392-172A. Included below are the state and federal laws and regulations that provide the regulatory and statutory basis for special education services in Washington.
Laws & Regulations
- Rules for the Provision of Special Education
This version of Chapter 392-172A WAC contains cross references to the federal regulations. This is linked directly to the revised, complete chapter from the Washington State Legislature website.
- Chapter 392-172A WAC Rules for the Provision of Special Education
- Chapter 392-140-600 through Chapter 392-140-915 State Special Education Safety Net Funding
- Title 392 WAC Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Title 180 WAC State Board of Education