Applying for Safety Net Funding
Safety net funding is available to school districts with a demonstrated capacity for Special Education funding in excess of state and federal funding otherwise provided. The Safety Net Funding Bulletin discusses allocated funding, the application process, trainings, deadlines, committee members, and more! The bulletin and application forms are coming soon.
Applications are submitted via a Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) site. There are many versions of this type of software, but OSPI recomments the free version of CoreFTP. Work with your LEA's IT department to install this software. Contact Safety Net to set up an SFTP account if you do not already have one.
- Download the free version of CoreFTP.
- OSPI’s SFTP User Guide.
- SFTP File Structure and Naming Conventions
- Completing the 1-on-1 Contracted Billing Worksheet
- Completing Worksheet C Example
- Completing Worksheet C for an Out of District Placement Example
- Computing Annualized Caseload
- Splitting Weeks Between Multiple Providers
Please note: Some of these examples include redacted IEP matrices that were provided by a local district. We are in no way endorsing how information is reported on the matrices, but merely using the example to show how we would report the information on Worksheet C.
Past Application Summaries
- 2018–19 Safety Net Application Summary (posted September 2019)
- 2017–18 Safety Net Application Summary (posted September 2018)
- 2016–17 Safety Net Application Summary (posted August 2017)
- 2015–16 Safety Net Application Summary (posted September 2016)
- 2014–15 Safety Net Application Summary (posted September 2015)
- 2013–14 Safety Net Application Summary (posted September 2014)
- 2012–13 Safety Net Application Summary (posted September 2013)