Applying for Safety Net Funding
High-Need Individuals: March 12, 2021 by 5 pm
Community Impact and updates to High-Need Individuals: May 14, 2021 by 5 pm
Safety net funding is available to school districts with a demonstrated capacity for Special Education funding in excess of state and federal funding otherwise provided. The Safety Net Funding Bulletin discusses allocated funding, the application process, trainings, deadlines, committee members, and more!
Please email the Safety Net team to request a copy of the blank Worksheet A form. This form will be posted here once the data are available to prepopulate the data.
- Worksheet C Instructions (posted 11/19/2020)
- Worksheet C (posted 11/19/2020)
- Transportation Cost Calculator - coming in February 2021
- Medicaid Provider Eligibility Verification: Complete this form if the LEA is billing Medicaid but has providers who are not eligible to bill.
Safety Net Certification
- Certification (posted 11/19/2020): Must complete for both High-Need Individuals and Community Impact Safety Net funding.
- Individuals Summary (posted 11/19/2020): Must complete for High-Need Individuals only.
- January 15, 2021, 10-11:30 am. Register in advance for this training! After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Applications are submitted via a Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) site. There are many versions of this type of software, but OSPI recommends the free version of CoreFTP. Work with your LEA's IT department to install this software. Contact Safety Net to set up an SFTP account if you do not already have one.
- Download the free version of CoreFTP.
- OSPI’s SFTP User Guide.
- SFTP File Structure and Naming Conventions
- Completing the 1-on-1 Contracted Billing Worksheet
- Completing Worksheet C Example
- Completing Worksheet C for an Out of District Placement Example
- Computing Annualized Caseload
- Splitting Weeks Between Multiple Providers
Please note: Some of these examples include redacted IEP matrices that were provided by a local district. We are in no way endorsing how information is reported on the matrices, but merely using the example to show how we would report the information on Worksheet C.
Past Application Summaries
- 2018–19 Safety Net Application Summary (posted September 2019)
- 2017–18 Safety Net Application Summary (posted September 2018)
- 2016–17 Safety Net Application Summary (posted August 2017)
- 2015–16 Safety Net Application Summary (posted September 2016)
- 2014–15 Safety Net Application Summary (posted September 2015)
- 2013–14 Safety Net Application Summary (posted September 2014)
- 2012–13 Safety Net Application Summary (posted September 2013)