Applying for Safety Net Funding
Safety net funding is available to school districts with a demonstrated capacity for Special Education funding in excess of state and federal funding otherwise provided.
The Safety Net Application Bulletin discusses allocated funding, the application process, trainings, deadlines, committee members, and more!
- Medicaid Provider Eligibility Verification: Complete this form if the LEA is billing Medicaid but has providers who are not eligible to bill.
Applications are submitted via a Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) site. There are many versions of this type of software, but OSPI recommends the free version of CoreFTP. Work with your LEA's IT department to install this software. Contact the Safety Net Team to set up an SFTP account if you do not already have one.
Complete the 2022-23 Safety Net Application Submission Form after your application files are uploaded through the SFTP. This form will notify the Safety Net team of your submission and help collect contact information. The Safety Net team will send a confirmation as soon as possible but no longer than three business days after receipt. Your application will not be considered submitted until this form is completed. Please do not send a separate email to notify us of your submission.
Contact the Safety Net Team if you want to set up one-on-one Safety Net training.
- 2022–23 Safety Net Training Video | Safety Net Training Presentation
- 2021–22 Worksheet A Mini Training Video
- 2021–22 1:1 Contractor Mini Training Video - email the Safety Net team for presentation materials
- 2021–22 Worksheet C Mini Training Video - email the Safety Net team for presentation materials
- 2021–22 High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) and Safety Net Mini Training Video | 2021–22 HSBP & Safety Net Training Slides
- Computing Annualized Caseload
- Splitting Weeks Between Multiple Providers
Please note: Some of these examples include redacted IEP matrices that were provided by a local district. We are in no way endorsing how information is reported on the matrices but merely using the example to show how we would report the information on Worksheet C.