Are you an educator looking for guidance on your financial education classes? Review the Making Financial Education Inclusive to All Students booklet to help make your classes more inclusive, by recognizing the differences in perspective and experience of all students!
The Financial Education Public-Private Partnership (FEPPP) was created by the legislature to bring public and private stakeholders together to improve and advocate for financial education in Washington schools and communities by providing teacher trainings and quality resources.
- Learn more about FEPPP
- Join FEPPP
- Write to your Legislator
- Talk to your kids
- Volunteer at schools
- Set an example
Financial Education Sample Goals
The 2022 Washington State Legislature passed 2SSB 5720 requiring districts to adopt one or more financial education goals by March 1, 2023. FEPPP has developed a nonexhaustive menu of model goals. The final bill report can be found on the Washington State Legislature website.
Goals for Expanding Financial Education Instruction. Each school district, charter school, and state-tribal compact school, by March 1, 2023, shall adopt one or more goals for expanding financial education instruction to students in their district. Examples of goals that school districts may adopt include:
- increasing the number of financial education courses available to students in grades 9 through 12;
- increasing the number of grades, schools, or both that provide students with instruction in, or access to instruction in, financial education; and
- expanding the amount of financial education professional development training available to certificated staff.
Financial Education Standards
Washington State Financial Education K-12 Learning Standards (October 2016)
- Standards Terminology
- Financial Education Standards FAQ
- Standard Chart by
Grade Band: K - 5 | 6 - 8 | 9 - 12
Would you like a financial education expert to be a guest speaker in your classroom? We can help.
Are you a financial education expert? Are you willing to present at teacher trainings and/or in classrooms?
- Share your wealth of personal finance knowledge. Become a presenter.