Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Implementation
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) replaced No Child Left Behind (NCLB) on December 10, 2015. It is the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). ESSA became fully operational in school year 2017–18. OSPI is in the process of implementing the law, beginning with the identification of schools for Comprehensive and Targeted supports in the Washington School Improvement Framework.
- 2018 School District Accountability Appeal Form
- The Every Student Succeeds Act full text
- Washington's ESSA Consolidated Plan
- Washington's ESSA Consolidated Plan Amendment February 2020 - Red-Lined Version
- Washington's ESSA Consolidated Plan Amendment Side-by-Side
The WSIF is the framework for accountability in Washington state. Each school is measured on the Framework, and OSPI has identified schools for additional supports, called Comprehensive and Targeted supports.
- Washington State Report Card
- WSIF Snapshot At-a-Glance | Spanish
- WSIF Highlights Infographic
- Frequently Asked Questions about the WSIF | Khmer | Korean | Punjabi | Russian | Somali | Spanish | Tagalog | Traditional Chinese | Vietnamese
ESSA Implementation 101
An overview of OSPI's plan to implement ESSA and overviews the accountability system.
Please let us know if you need an interpreter at no cost to you. We can answer your questions in your language!