Early Learning Collaboration
The purpose of the Early Learning Collaboration component of WaKIDS is to promote a shared understanding of kindergarten readiness; improve the preparedness of children, families, schools, and communities; and ultimately, provide a smooth transition for children and families.
The expectations for Early Learning Collaboration are outlined in RCW 28A.150.315 which include developing strong connections to community early learning providers and participating in kindergarten-readiness activities.
School districts are collaborating with early learning providers in a variety of ways, including:
- Participating in shared professional development
- Sharing PreK-K transition reports
- Reviewing WaKIDS data
- Coordinating cross-program visits
- Co-hosting kindergarten-readiness events for preschoolers and their families
- Attending local early learning coalition meetings
- Help for Principals Seeking to Locate Child Care Providers Near Their Schools
- Alignment of Teaching Strategies GOLD and Washington State Early Learning and Development Guidelines (PDF)
- Characteristics of Children Entering Kindergarten English | Spanish describes attributes commonly found in entering kindergartners and measured by WaKIDS.
- List of GOLD™ Objectives Assessed by WaKIDS | Spanish (revised 2015)
- Washington State Kindergarten Transition Form (PDF)
- WaKIDS Early Learning Collaboration Child Care Provider Data Request Form
- Early Math (PDF)
- Washington State Early Learning and Development Guidelines Birth Through Third Grade (2012, PDF)