Online Testing & Technology Readiness
Minimum Hardware, OS & Connectivity Specs for Online Assessments
Windows Desktops & Laptops
- Windows 7 or higher, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
Mac OS X Desktops & Laptops
- Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
Linux Desktops & Laptops
- Ubuntu 14.04 or higher, Fedora 27 or higher
- iPad running iOS10.3 or higher (9.5 inch screen)
Android tablets running Android 7.1+
Windows-based tablets running Windows 8+. Windows RT does not meet minimum specs for online testing.
Chrome OS Devices
Chromebooks running Chrome OS (v67)+
Screen Size All Devices
- 10-inch monitors or larger with a 1024 x 768 resolution
- Mechanical keyboards must be available unless students use an alternative.
- No restriction as long as the device meets the other requirements. Can include desktops, laptops, netbooks, virtual desktops and thin clients, hybrid laptop/tablets, and tablets—iPad, Windows, Chromebooks and Android.
- Device must have the admin-level tools to disable software features, functions and applications that could present a security risk during test administration.
Sufficient & Web-enabled
- All students must be able to complete assessments during the authorized time period—up to 12 weeks.
- 10–20 Kbps available per student to be tested simultaneously during testing time periods.