Early Learning Resources
Selected Teacher Training Resources
- Guidance for Kindergarten Teachers Supporting Students with Disabilities
- Using Teaching Strategies GOLD® to Assess Children Who are English-Language Learners
- Teachers' Check List
- WaKIDS Pacing Guide
- How, Where, When Planning Worksheet – New!
- Learning Pathways in Numeracy: Addressing Early Numeracy Skills English | Spanish
- Instructional Activities to Observe Kindergarteners' Mathematics Skills
- Washington State Full-day Kindergarten Guide
- Full-day Kindergarten in Alternative Learning Experience Schools and Programs – Frequently Asked Questions
- Full-day Kindergarten Planning Guide - A resource intended to outline considerations related to RCW 28A.150.315 and guide programs in meeting the requirements of FDK in an Alternative Learning setting.
- Teachers of FDK programs in ALE settings may also find the Written Student Learning Plan Guidance Annual Tracking and Written Student Learning Plan Guidance Checklist resources helpful.
WaKIDS Webcast 1 features Kristi Dominguez, and others from Bellingham Public Schools, talking about the role of play in the kindergarten classroom and WaKIDS assessment.
WaKIDS Webcast 2 features Trina Hall, and others from Bellingham Public Schools, sharing the ways they use WaKIDS data to inform instruction and provided support to students.
WaKIDS Webcast 3 demonstrates and discusses reports for teachers and families available in the WaKIDS assessment platform, MyTeachingStrategies®. This webcast features Laura Bilbrey from Teaching Strategies and Laurie Sjolund from Sumner School District.
WaKIDS Webcast 4 demonstrates and discusses reports for principals and district administrators available in the WaKIDS assessment platform, MyTeachingStrategies®. This webcast features Laura Bilbrey from Teaching Strategies and Laurie Sjolund from Sumner School District.
- Building the Bridge: Inclusion and Kindergarten Transition (February 14, 2018)
- GATE Equity Webinar
Do you want to know more about what you can do to support inclusion and kindergarten transition? We're joined by Bellingham School District's Early Learning Coordinator Kristi Dominquez. Learn about Bellingham's strategy for kindergarten transition.
GATE is taking districts whose data makes them stand out to tell their stories. Join us!
- GATE Equity Webinar
- Exploring the Connections between WaKIDS and the Teacher/Principal Evaluation Program
The Principal Series is a set of one-page PDF flyers with guidance for principals leading the implementation of WaKIDS in their schools.