2018 Educational Technology Standards
Goal Three of the Washington Basic Education Act requires schools to “integrate technology literacy and fluency” in their curriculum. The updated K-12 Educational Technology Learning Standards are based upon the 2016 Technology Standards for Students released by the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE). They emphasize the ways technology can be used to amplify and transform learning and teaching, and they resonate with our state’s aspiration to empower connected learners in a connected world.
The updated standards also contain:
- Samples of student performance - specific illustrations of the learning by the completion of the grade band (examples of “what it looks like in the classroom”).
- Connected standards - logical connections to other content areas at approximately the same grade that also have a match in cognitive demand.
- Sample Scope and Sequence that districts may choose to use or adapt (Appendix F).
View or print the 2018 Educational Technology Standards
- Complete document (Word | PDF)
- Main body (Word | PDF)
- All Appendices (Word | PDF)
- Appendix F (Word | PDF)