2021 COVID-19 Student Survey Results
The COVID-19 Student Survey was created, as a joint effort between the University of Washington (UW) and OSPI, as a needs assessment to collect information about student thoughts, feelings, and behaviors during the COVID-19 pandemic. The results of the survey are helpful for teachers, school leaders, parents, and community members.
Building level reports were sent to principals and superintendents in June 2021. School-level results will only be sent to the school principal and district superintendent. All statewide results for the Survey can be found on this page. If a principal or superintendent needs an additional copy of their results, please contact Emily Maughan.
Review the 2021 COVID-19 Student Survey results today!
School district superintendents may share the results with others in their district whom they choose to, but in order to maintain the security of the data, COVID-19 Student Survey administrators do not have the ability to and will not share the results with anyone but the principal and superintendent. If local community partners or coalitions want access to the data they should get written permission from the school district superintendent to access it.
- Worries about the Impact of COVID-19 – Middle School Students
- Worries about the Impact of COVID-19 – High School Students
- Mental Health & Substance Use- Middle School Students
- Mental Health & Substance Use- High School Students
- School Experiences- Middle School Students
- School Experiences- High School Students
The decision to participate in this survey was left up to each school. All students in eligible grades were invited to participate, but that does not mean that every student did. Therefore, this is a convenience sample and is not intended to be generalizable to the state population. Reported survey findings represent only the students who took the survey.
- Early Results From COVID-19 Student Survey Reveal Students’ Worries and Hopes Amid Pandemic (Survey Press Release- June 29, 2021)
- Alignment of AWSP Leadership Framework and the COVID-19 Student Survey
- If you Need Some Help (Resource guide given to all students as they finished the survey)