Career and College Readiness
Secondary School Counseling
Every student deserves assistance and attention, not just those who are high risk or high achieving. A focus on college and career readiness ensures that all students get the most out of high school and have access to guidance about their options after graduation.
College & Career Readiness Professional Development
Each year, OSPI, the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC), and other partners co-host a series of webinars for school counselors, career counselors and specialists, college access professionals, graduation specialists and other support staff. This webinar series typically includes policy changes and tools and resources to help support students’ career and college preparation, academic development, and social-emotional development.
- All webinars take place from 9:00am-10:30 am.
- Each session is free and registering for the series does not obligate you to attend every webinar.
- Registering through pdEnroller will give you access to 1.5 FREE clock hours per webinar.
- Clock hours are awarded based on time in attendance during the live webinar. We verify attendance within a week of each event.
- After each webinar, pdEnroller will send you an email link to a short evaluation survey. Once you complete and submit this survey and your time is verified, you’ll be eligible to receive the clock hours.
- Clock hours are released to your transcript and you can print a copy of them from your pdEnroller account as needed.
2022-23 School Year Webinars
- October 19, 2022: Financial Aid Advising Day & Financial Aid Supports
- February 1, 2023: TBD-will be based on feedback from participants!
- May 17, 2023: Legislative Updates and Celebrations
- May 18, 2022: Legislative Updates: Possible Impacts in the Realm of Career and College Readiness
- March 16, 2022: High School and Beyond Planning: Strategies to Increase Student, Staff, Family, and Community Engagement |
- January 19, 2022: Graduation Pathways: Building Pathways to Careers and College That Serve All Students
- November 17, 2021: Students’ Mental Health: Instilling Hope and Increasing Engagement Through Career and College Planning
- September 15, 2021: Financial Aid Advising Day: Strategies and Resources to Reduce Barriers and Increase Access to Financial Aid Webinar
- March 31, 2021 | Supporting Seniors’ Transitions: From Finishing High School to Leaving the Nest | Webinar Recording
- January 27, 2021: Supporting Students’ Transitions: Aligning HSBPs and IEP Transition Plans
- December 2, 2020: Supporting Seniors: Washington Student Loan Advocacy & Resources
- September 23, 2020: Supporting Seniors’ Financial Aid Awareness: Options and Applications