Publications and Bulletins/Memos
- Washington State Student Transportation RCWs and WACs (May 2018)
- Washington State School Bus Driver Handbook
- 2018 School Bus Specifications Manual
- 2018-19 Student Transportation Directory
- 2018 School Bus and Traffic Safety Education Vehicle Inspection Manual (Rev. 12/18)
- WSP/OSPI Inspection Interpretations (January 2019)
- Technical Assistance Paper No.2 "McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act"
- Student Transportation Key Performance Indicators - B019-19
- School Transportation Relative Efficiency Ratings - B015-19, Attach 1
- Student Transportation Operation Allocation 2018–19 - B008-19, Attach 1
- School Bus Inspection Results, 2017-18 School Year - B103-18, Attach 1
- School Bus Safety Week, October 22-26, 2018 - B095-18, Attach 1
- 2018–19 Reimbursement and Categories for School Buses - B089-18, Attach 1
- School Bus Driver Compliance Report for the 2018-19 School Year - B088-18
- 2018–19 State Accepted Quotes for School Bus Categories - B080-18, Attach 1
- 2018–19 School Year, Required Student Transportation Operations - B083-18, Attach 1, Attach 2, Form 1, Form 2, Form 3, Form 4, Form 5, Form 6, Form 7, Form 8, Form 9
- Student Transportation Key Performance Indicators - B029-18
- School Transportation Relative Efficiency Ratings - B017-18, Attach 1
- National Transportation Safety Board Highway Accident Report, Gray Summit, Missouri
- Development of Student Transportation Funding Methodology Options for Washington State
- School Walk and Bike Routes: A Guide for Planning and Improving Walk and Bike to School Options for Students
A publication developed by the Washington Traffic Safety Commission and the Washington State Department of Transportation, this guide is a valuable resource for those wishing to establish or monitor safe walking routes to and from school.
- The Relative Risks of School Travel
This 2002 study from the National Academy of Sciences is a very comprehensive comparison of the risks associated with the various modes of travel to and from school. There is an excellent executive summary.
- School Bus Safety: Crashworthiness Research
This 2002 study from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is the result of the US Congress requesting the US Department of Transportation to investigate the safety value of installing safety belts on school buses. Lots of technical information.
- Vans Used for School Transportation
A position paper from the National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services that discusses the NTSB study of the use of non-conforming vans in school transportation.
- Pupil Transportation System Security: Different Times – Added Responsibilities
A position paper from the National Association of State Directors of Student Transportation Services that discusses school transportation security in the post-9/11 world. An overview providing guidance on an action plan.