Energy Grants Program
School Buildings & Facilities
The Energy Grants Program provides OSPI with funding through the capital budget, as approved by the Washington State Legislature, to administer a competitive grant program for energy operational cost savings improvements in K-12 school facilities. Energy efficiency projects create long-term benefits and cost savings for school districts by significantly reducing energy operational costs, creating a healthy indoor environment for our students and staff and by reducing the impact that energy creation and consumption has on our natural environment. Projects also have short-term benefits, including the creation of jobs in communities around the state and stimulated local economy.
- Map of all K-12 Energy Operational Cost Savings Grant Recipients
- 2013-2015 Energy Efficiency Grants
- 2012 Jobs Now Act Energy Operational Cost Savings Grants
- 2011-2013 Energy Operational Cost Savings Grants
- 2010 Energy Operational Cost Savings Grants
- 2009 Energy Operational Cost Savings Grants
- New Building Institute's Plug Load Best Practices Guide
- Washington State Department of Enterprise Services Energy Program
- Energy Savings Performance Contracting Guidelines for Public Agencies in Washington State March 2012
- International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol - Concepts and Options for Determining Energy and Water Savings Volume 1
- EPA's ENERGY STAR for K-12 School Districts
- U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Building Technologies Program "A Guide to Energy Audits"
- USGBC - The Center for Green Schools