School Climate Transformation Grant (SCTG)
OSPI is committed to supporting Washington schools address school climate through the School Climate Transformation Grant from the U.S. Department of Education. The collaborative effort of this five-year grant will build and sustain capacity for the broad-scale implementation of an integrated multi-tiered system of support for behavior.
Research demonstrates that the implementation of an evidenced-based, multi-tiered behavioral framework, such as PBIS, can help improve overall school climate and safety. This grant provides the opportunity for the intentional collaboration between OSPI, Educational Service Districts (ESD), 30 identified school districts as well as partnerships with the national PBIS Technical Assistance Center, NWPBIS and the University of Washington’s SMART center.
The U.S. Department of Education provides details on eligibility, funding status, contact information, and more!
Find resources to support School Climate Transformation in your school or district at National Center for Positive Behavior and Interventions: Support for School Climate Transformation
- Washington School Climate Transformation Initiative Fact Sheet
- The grant is administered from 2018-2023
- $3.75 million
- 30 Districts
- Serving 98,336 students
- Supporting local MTSS implementation
- State and Regional training and coaching capacity
- Methow Valley
- Mary Walker
- North Franklin
- Clover Park
- North Mason
Implementation of a Multi-Tiered Behavioral Support System
- Support 30 identified school districts across WA
- Implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
Training and Alignment of Practices in Washington State
Provide training and alignment of coaching practices statewide for:
- OSPI Staff
- Staff at all 9 Educational Service Districts (ESDs)
- District Leadership Teams at identified districts
- Identified MTSS coaches throughout Washington state
Build Capacity to Scale Up MTSS in Washington
Build state capacity for assisting schools across Washington with the broad-scale implementation of multi-tiered behavioral support systems
Classroom Practices Resources
- Culturally Responsive Classroom Management Modules from Wisconsin's PBIS Network
- Modules on Six Classroom Practices from Midwest PBIS Network
Substance Abuse Prevention Resources for Schools to share
Monroe’s Coalition provided Evidence-based prevention tools about what works and what doesn’t work.