National School Lunch Program
OSPI CNS offers a Menu Planning Nutrient Analysis (MPNA) software at no cost to Local Education Agencies (LEAs).
This software is USDA-approved for nutrient analysis to meet the school meal program requirements and will help you manage ingredients, create recipes, create cycle menus, and more!
Visit our PrimeroEdge MPNA software website to request a demo and sign up for training.
The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is designed to promote the health and well-being of children by providing nutritious meals to children. Public school districts, private schools, residential child care institutions (RCCIs), and Charter Schools may participate in school meal programs.
Districts Administering the NSLP
- Menu Planning and Meal Patterns-Discover the components of the nutritious, well-balanced, and age-appropriate meals served.
- Meal Application and Verification Information- Meal application availability and the verification of submitted applications are important requirements that helps to ensure integrity in School Meal Programs.
- Reference Sheets-This guide provides information on program requirements and links to requirements and tools for compliance.
- Resources-Proven tools gathered to help with your program.
Elevate Your Program
- Training - Annual trainings and topics to expand your program knowledge.
- Smarter Lunchrooms - Explore how this program nudges students to make healthier choices when provided with the full spectrum of choice.
Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) & Provision 2
The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) and Provision 2 provide an alternative approach for offering school meals at schools in low income areas.
The Community Eligibility Provision allows schools with high numbers of low-income families to serve free breakfast and lunch to all students without collecting school meal applications. CEP is available to public, private and tribal schools.
Provision 2 allows schools with high numbers of participating low-income families to serve meals at no cost to all students. This provision allows meals to be served for lunch and breakfast, or breakfast only.
For more information, please visit our CEP and Provision 2 web page.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.