Trainings, Modules, and Presentations
Assessment Systems Trainings (ORS, TDS, TIDE, etc.)
OSPI provides slide deck training on the Online Reporting System(ORS), the TIDE platform, ELPA21 practice and training tests, as well as other systems related to ELP assessments through our assessment portal, WCAP. To access these trainings, please go to the WCAP portal and click on "Test Administartors" and then choose "Modules." The training and practice test is located under the ELPA21 tile on WCAP. While these trainings do not require a log in, other resources may. Please contact your district assessment coordinator (DAC) if you need access to the portal resources.
Connect to the portal
Test Administrator Trainings
ELPA21 Annual Training Slides
(coming in November)
ELPA21 Screener Training on Moodle
On the Moodle site you will have access to the recorded 30-minute webinar, the required 12-question knowledge check, and a brief survey to register your completion of training. Please complete all steps so that our list of trained test administrators is complete.
WIDA Alternate ACCESS Training on Moodle
On the Moodle training site you will have access to the recorded 30-minute webinar, the required 12-question knowledge check, and a brief survey to register your completion of training. Please complete all steps so that our list of trained test administrators is complete.
Domain Exemptions: Guidance for IEP Teams
Domain Exemption is the term we use to allow students to not test in a specific domain of language (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) due to a disability associated with that domain. This 13 minute video will provide IEP teams with guidance on making the decision around exempting a student from a language domain during ELP assessments. This module provides criteria for decision making as well as example scenarios.
ELPA21 offers six modules aimed at supporting teachers in understanding and integrating the ELP standards in classroom instruction. The modules can be used by EL and general education teachers as well as those supporting the EL program.
- Module 1: ELP Standards Introduction
- Module 2: Task Analysis
- Module 3: ELP Standards: Guiding Questions and Objectives
- Module 4: ELP Standards Level Descriptors
- Module 5: Formative Assessment
- Module 6: Using the Modules Effectively
Each webinar will contain new information and will be recorded and posted.
- A Family Guide to ELPA21
- English Language Proficiency Standards: At A Glance
- ELP Standards: Developing Language to Communicate Content
- Washington Association of Bilingual Educators (WABE), Spring 2019 - Mashing WIDA Alternate ACCESS and WA-AIM data (coming soon)
- Exploring EL Data for Progress, Support, and Equity, Spring 2019 (link to PPT and Summary document coming soon)
- National Council for Student Assessment (NCSA), June 2019 - (coming soon)