ALERT: Sign up for the WaKIDS newsletter!
Problems viewing this video?
The Washington Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills (WaKIDS) is a transition process that helps to ensure a successful start to the K-12 experience and connect the key adults in a child’s life.
- Family connection welcomes families into the Washington K-12 system as partners in their child’s education.
- Whole-child assessment gives kindergarten teachers information about the social/emotional, physical, cognitive, language, literacy and mathematics development of the children in their classrooms, so they may tailor their instruction to the individual needs of each child.
- Early learning collaboration aligns practices of early learning professionals and kindergarten teachers to support smooth transitions for children.
- WaKIDS news (November 2013) – our first edition!
- What is WaKIDS? (PDF) is a one-page document that provides an overview of this program.
- Family Brochure (PDF) is an
invitation for families of students who are participating in WaKIDS this year to
get involved in the program and find out what to expect.