OSPI has developed sample booklets to familiarize students and educators with the format of the paper-pencil version of the Smarter Balanced tests in grades 3–8 and high school.
Scoring ELA Smarter Balanced
The grades 3, 6, and 11
Scoring Guide for Performance Task Full-Writes is now available on the Smarter Balanced website. The scoring guide is designed to help educators understand the scoring process for the Performance Task Full-Writes.
Presentations from Trainings
Washington Educational Research Association (WERA) (December 2014)
Association for Middle Level Educators (AMLE) national conference (November 6–8)
- An overview of the ELA Smarter Balanced System
- Analyzing quality text
- Creating meaningful questions
Leadership Coaches with Office of Student and School Success (OSSS) (November 19)
- An ELA and Math overview of the Smarter Balanced System
- Digital Library – Formative Assessment
- Interim Assessment
- Summative Assessments
Become part of our email distribution list
- If you have applied for committee work you are automatically on this distribution list.