The Washington Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills (WaKIDS) is a transition process that helps to ensure a successful start to the K-12 experience and connect the key adults in a child’s life.
Alert! Sign up for the August 26, 3:00-4:00
p.m. webinar designed for District Assessment Coordinators assisting with WaKIDS
implementation, including the student import process. The webinar will be
recorded and posted.
Register for the webinar.
- Family connection welcomes families into the Washington K-12 system as partners in their child’s education.
- Whole-child assessment helps
kindergarten teachers learn about the skills and strengths of the children in
their classrooms so they can meet the needs of each child.
- Early learning collaboration aligns practices of early learning professionals and kindergarten teachers to support smooth transitions for children.
- What is WaKIDS? (PDF) English | Spanish – a one-page document that provides an overview of this program.
- Family Brochure (PDF) is an
invitation for families of students who are participating in WaKIDS this year to
get involved in the program and find out what to expect.
Problems viewing this video?