The Food and Nutrition Service, an agency of the United States Department of
Agriculture (USDA), administers the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) at the
federal level, while the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
administers the program at the state level. Locally, it is operated by sponsors
who apply for and are approved to operate the program.
Sponsors eligible to participate in SSFP are:
- Public or private nonprofit schools.
- Education Service Districts.
- Units of local, municipal, county, or state government.
- Public or private nonprofit residential summer camps.
- Public or private nonprofit colleges and universities sponsoring the
Upward Bound Program.
- Private, nonprofit organizations.
- Tribal Organizations
Tools and Resources for a Successful Simplified Summer Food Program
Summer Food and Special Projects Supervisor
Administrative Assistant (vacant)
Free Summer Food Contact Number:
TTY number (360) 664-3631