Child Nutrition Program
LanguagesA-Z IndexPrinter Friendly Image


Child Nutrition

Child Nutrition assists school districts and other institutions in providing quality nutrition programs that promote life-long healthful living while providing nutritious meals each day that prepare children for learning.

Child Nutrition Services strives to:

  • Provide leadership for the Child Nutrition meal programs through advocacy, assistance, and administration.
  • Administer the Child Nutrition programs by assisting program sponsors and managing the program resources for the benefit of recipients.
  • Advocate for good nutrition by incorporating nutrition education in all phases of services.
  • Provide nutrition and physical activity resources for educators, students and parents.

Child Nutrition Services administers United States Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Services Child Nutrition Programs.
These programs include:

The Washington State Child Nutrition Programs booklet provides program history, highlights and statistics specific to Washington State.

Child Nutrition program reports can be found on the Reports page.


The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.) If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

Contact Information

Fax 360-664 9397

Donna Parsons, MS, RD, SNS

Sarah Hamblin
Administrative Support

Old Capitol Building, PO Box 47200, 600 Washington St. S.E., Olympia, WA  98504-7200  360-725-6000  TTY 360-664-3631
Contact Us    |    A-Z Index    |    Site Info    |    Staff Only    |    Education Data System (EDS)