Student Teaching in Washington
LanguagesA-Z IndexPrinter Friendly Image

For questions:
   9:00am-4:30pm - M-W-Th-F
   10:00am-4:30pm - Tuesday
   Contact Us

ESD Fingerprinting locations

Refund Policy

Teachers Administrators ESA CTE

Teacher Certification

Field Experience/Student Teaching in Washington


Individuals who will be placed in a student teaching experience/internship will need to obtain a pre-residency clearance prior to placement if they do not already hold a valid Washington certificate. Candidates must show:

  • Enrollment in a state-approved educator preparation program which is outside the State of Washington (programs can be traditional route through a college/university or alternate route programs for teacher, administrator, or ESA roles).
  • Evidence of good moral character and personal fitness.
  • Must indicate program enrollment.
  • Instate college or university student teaching candidates must work with their teacher preparation institution regarding their field experience.

Please Note: Individuals attending a Washington college/university will be instructed on when to apply for this by their preparation program. The Washington college/university handles pre-residency clearance as part of your program.



   Electronic Certification Application

Download verson Form 4050E

   Updated 4/27/2016

Old Capitol Building, PO Box 47200, 600 Washington St. S.E., Olympia, WA  98504-7200  360-725-6000  TTY 360-664-3631
Contact Us    |    A-Z Index    |    Site Info    |    Staff Only    |    Education Data System (EDS)