- Complete the Professional Certificate Assessment (ProTeach).
- Hold a certificate from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Complete a program in another state that has been approved by the Professional Educator Standards Board (PESB) as comparable to Washington's standards.
- Must attest to completion of an issues of abuse course for more information see WAC 181-79A-030(9). This course MUST be entered into the ‘PD Hours’ section of your E-Certification account prior to applying
- Submission of fingerprints for a background check is required, if a valid certificate is not already on record
NATIONAL BOARD CERTIFICATION NOTE: Professional Certificates issued on the basis of holding a National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) certificate will have a validity of five years or the validity of the National Boards certificate, whichever is greater.
ISSUES OF ABUSE COURSE NOTE: The issues of abuse course or course work must include information related to identification of physical, emotional, sexual, and substance abuse; the impact on learning and behavior; the responsibilities of an educator to report abuse or to provide assistance to victimized children; and methods of teaching about abuse and its prevention.
If you have all necessary documentation to apply for this certificate, login to: E-Certification
*IMPORTANT: Please note that application fees are NOT refundable. Ensure that you select and submit the correct application. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact our office.