For School Counselors, School Psychologists, and School Social Workers only:
The Emergency Certificate enables the ESA to be assigned to the specific ESA role for up to one year.
Requirements - Candidates shall meet ALL of the following:
- The candidate shall have completed all required course work for the appropriate master's degree for the role with the exception of the internship.
- The candidate must have substantially completed a state-approved ESA preparation program for the role (school counselor, school psychologist, or school social worker), but not yet qualify for the Residency ESA Certificate.
- The school cannot find anyone with a regular ESA certificate for the role.
- A qualified person who holds regular certification is not available or that the position is essential and circumstances warrant consideration of issuance of an emergency certificate.
- A candidate for emergency certification as a school counselor, school psychologist, or school social worker is the best qualified of the candidates for the position as verified by the employing school district and has completed all course work for the required master's degree with the exception of the internship.
- A candidate for emergency certification as a school psychologist shall be enrolled in an approved school psychologist preparation program and is participating in the required internship.
This certificate is initiated by the school district. Please log into your Education Data System (EDS) portal to apply for your district request .