Certification - Counselor
LanguagesA-Z IndexPrinter Friendly Image

For questions:
   (360) 725-6400
   9:00am-4:30pm - M-W-Th-F
   10:00am-4:30pm - Tuesday
   Contact Us

Open to the public
8:00 am-5:00 pm

ESD Fingerprinting locations

Refund Policy

Helpful Tips

Teachers Administrators ESA CTE

Career Tech Educator Certification



CTE Counselor

  • Possession of a valid educational staff associate/counselor certificate or graduation from an institution of higher education in a counselor education program.
  • Course in philosophy of CTE education.
  • Two years of varied work experience in the last ten years other than teaching or counseling experience. (Experience is suggested in dealing with employment and personnel problems and with placement and evaluation of workers in business, industry, agriculture, education and/or government service.)

For details on the documents needed and process to obtain this certificate, please see the application.



Download Certification Forms



Old Capitol Building, PO Box 47200, 600 Washington St. S.E., Olympia, WA  98504-7200  (360) 725-6000  TTY (360) 664-3631
Contact Us    |    A-Z Index    |    Site Info    |    Staff Only    |    Education Data System (EDS)