Requirements for an Initial CTE Director Certificate
- Hold a Residency, Continuing or Professional Administrator Certificate
Three years of experience as a certified CTE teacher, CTE administrator, CTE counselor, or CTE occupational information specialist.
- Complete a state authorized CTE administrator training or complete a state approved college program for CTE administration.
For more information on the CTE Director training, please contact CATE
Consulting, Shani Watkins at email@example.com
or Kari Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: First Initial CTE Director Certificate is issued for four years.
Requirements for Renewal of an Initial CTE Director Certificate
- Hold or have held a CTE Initial Director Certificate
- Completion of six quarter credits or 60 state of Washington approved clock hours
NOTE: May be renewed one additional time with a new set of six quarter credits or 60 state of Washington approved clock hours.
NOTE: Renewed Initial CTE Director Certificates are valid for three years.
Requirements for a Continuing CTE Director Certificate
- Completion of 150 state of Washington approved clock hours or 15 quarter credits since the issuance of the first Initial CTE Director Certificate
- 2 years of CTE director experience with an authorized employer (i.e.: School district or skills center in the state of Washington)
CLOCK HOUR NOTE: Cannot use the 12 credits obtained from the training director program towards the clock hour requirements. May use the 60 clock hours earned for Initial CTE Certificate renewal toward the 150 clock hour requirement for the Continuing CTE Director certificate.
NOTE: First Continuing CTE Director Certificate is issued for five years.
Requirements for Renewal of a Continuing CTE Director Certificate
- Verification of a 100 clock hours or 10 quarter credits or equivalent PGPs since the most recent issuance of your CTE Continuing Director Certificate
CLOCK HOUR NOTE:
Any person with a valid career and technical education administrator/director certificate issued prior to September 1, 2014, under previous standards of the professional educator standards board shall meet requirements of, and may apply for, the continuing career and technical education administrator certificate by the expiration date of the original certificate held. Upon issuance of the continuing career and technical education administrator/director certificate such person will be subject to continuing certificate renewal requirements, which is 100 clock hours or equivalent during the five year validity of the certificate.
In order to receive the continuing career and technical education
administrator/director certificate, in addition to the requirements for the
initial certificate, at least fifteen quarter hours of college credit course
work or one hundred fifty continuing education credit hours completed subsequent
to the conferral of the initial certificate is required; or, the individual may
hold a valid national board certificate issued by the National Board for
Professional Teaching Standards in any certificate area.
Individuals shall provide as a condition for the issuance of a continuing certificate documentation of two years full-time equivalency (FTE) of career and technical administration with an authorized employer (i.e., school district(s) or skill center(s)).
May apply 12 months from expiration of CTE certificate.
NOTE: Renewed Continuing CTE Director Certificates are valid for five years.
If you have all necessary documentation to apply for this certificate, login to: E-Certification
*IMPORTANT: Please note that application fees are NOT refundable. Ensure that you select and submit the correct application. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact our office.