- The Continuing CTE Teacher Certificate is the advanced level CTE teaching certificate.
- The candidate must have completed all requirements for the Initial CTE Teacher Certificate.
- The candidate must have completed at least 9 quarter hours or 90
clock hrs of CTE educator training in the CTE subject matter or
completed subsequent to the conferral of the baccalaureate degree or
issuance of the initial certificate. You may use a valid CTE National
Board certificate to advance to the Continuing CTE certificate.
- The candidate must provide documentation of completion of two years of teaching/coordination in the CTE subject matter certified to teach with an authorized employer, e.g., school district(s) or skills center(s).
- Issues of Abuse. The candidate must have taken coursework in issues of abuse, which must include information related to identification of physical, emotional, sexual, and substance abuse; the impact on learning and behavior; the responsibilities of a teacher to report abuse or to provide assistance to victimized children; and methods of teaching about abuse and its prevention.
NOTE: If you hold or have held a Continuing CTE teaching certificate then you qualify for the general education lifetime substitute certificate. Apply online through the E-Certification system.
LOGIN TO APPLY
(note: The Coordinator of Work-Based Learning Certificate application is included in the Continuing CTE Certificate application)