Teachers Administrators ESA CTE


Professional Administrator Certificate
(Principal and Program Administrator)


The Professional Certificate is the advance level certificate. The prerequisite requirements to begin a Professional Certification Program are:

  • Hold a Residency Principal or Residency Program Administrator Certificate
  • Principals only: Documentation of three contracted school years of employment as a principal or assistant principal

To earn the Professional Certificate, the administrator must:

  • Enroll in and complete a PESB-approved Professional Certification Program.
  • Have taken coursework in issues of abuse, which must include information related to identification of physical, emotional, sexual, and substance abuse; the impact on learning and behavior; the responsibilities of a teacher to report abuse or to provide assistance to victimized children; and methods of teaching about abuse and its prevention.

The Professional Certificate application will be completed via the Professional Certification Program.

Please note that Oregon principals and program administrators may apply for the second-tier professional certificate if they completed a CAL program. If the CAL was earned via completion of a doctoral program, the first-tier residency certificate will be issued.

Additional Information


   Electronic Certification Application

For professional growth plan information and resources, please visit the Professional Educator Standards Board.

Clock hour provider information



   Updated 12/20/2017

Old Capitol Building, PO Box 47200, 600 Washington St. S.E., Olympia, WA    98504-7200    360-725-6000  TTY 360-664-3631
Contact Us    |    Site Info    |    Staff Only