WaKIDS provides a snapshot of where Washington’s kindergartners are in their development early in the school year. These data help inform state and district-level decisions about education policy and investments, and classroom decisions about individualized learning.
WaKIDS is legislatively mandated to be part of state-funded, full-day kindergarten (RCW 28A.150.315 and RCW 28A.655.080).
- SSHB 1723 (2013) Up to three days for family connection
- RCW 28A.655.080 (2012) WaKIDS mandatory in state-funded, full-day kindergarten, waiver authority, legislative workgroup
- RCW 28A.150.220 (2011) Basic education requirements for kindergarten
- RCW 28A.150.315 (2011) Requirements of state-funded, full-day kindergarten
- WAC 392.335.010 (2007) Eligibility age for kindergarten