The Washington Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills (WaKIDS) is a transition process that helps to ensure a successful start to the K-12 experience and connect the key adults in a child’s life.
- Family connection welcomes families into the Washington K-12 system as partners in their child’s education.
- Whole-child assessment gives kindergarten teachers information about the social/emotional, physical, cognitive, language, literacy and mathematics development of the children in their classrooms, so they may tailor their instruction to the individual needs of each child.
- Early learning collaboration aligns practices of early learning professionals and kindergarten teachers to support smooth transitions for children.
- What is WaKIDS? (PDF) English | Spanish – a one-page document that provides an overview of this program.
- Family Brochure (PDF) is an
invitation for families of students who are participating in WaKIDS this year to
get involved in the program and find out what to expect.
Problems viewing this video?