Counselors: Stressed out? Need help? Need answers? Let us help you. The Summer Institute is a free professional development opportunity where we provide tools to help you be more effective, assist you in developing a network of support, and HAVE FUN.
June 26–27, 2013
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Red Lion Hotel, Olympia
Join your school counselor colleagues to learn from experts at OSPI:
- The new and ever-changing graduation requirements
- Student assessment that impacts your work now and in the
- Current legislative changes
- TPEP and impact on your work
- Bullying and school safety
- Dropout initiatives
- Homeless: McKinney-Vento
- Compassionate Schools
- And much more!
These resources will unlock information you can use immediately in your work to support students and families. Other partner agencies, such as the State Board of Education, Washington Student Achievement Council, and the Department of Social and Health Services, will provide a wide range of programs for use in your school. Whether your interests are student career, academic, or personal/social development, you will be provided the opportunity to explore what is available for your school, as well as get the "nuts and bolts" questions answered to ensure the quality of your guidance program.
- Go to Events Manager Public Calendar.
- Select the “June” tab and scroll down to the event
titled Counselor Summer Institute, June 26–27, 2013. Click
on the “Register” button.
- You will be prompted to log in to EDS. If you do not
have an account in the EDS system, contact your district’s
technology or grant person to have him/her set you up with
- Follow the instructions to complete your registration.
For more information, please contact a member of our team: