School Counselor 3-Part Webinars Series
OSPI and the WA School Counselor Association (WSCA) are partnering for a 3-part webinar series to help school counselors utilize up-to-date resources. The purpose of these webinars is share information and tools for defining the role of a school counselor and for comprehensive school counseling program development. Webinars are 11:30 – 12:30.
- October 26: "New State Counseling and Guidance Model Implementation"
- November 15: "School Counseling Evaluation Framework"
- December 7: "Introduction to the ASCA Model for School Counseling Program"
Registration information for counselor professional development.
GATE Monthly Webinars for 2017-18
OSPI Graduation- A Team Effort (GATE) is conducting a monthly webinar series on best practices in relation to the OSPI
performance indicators, such as chronic absenteeism, behavior, 9th grade failure, post-graduation enrollment and graduation and more!
Each webinar is 10:00 – 11:00. Register
- September 13: Attendance - Implications of Attendance and What Can You Do
- October 13: Behavior - How Discipline Impacts Attendance and Alternatives to Missing Class
- November 8: 9th Grade Success/Algebra -The Link Between Attendance and 9th Grade Success
- December 13: Graduation - Predicting Graduation with Early Warning Indicators
- January 10: Systems - Systematically Building Capacity
- February 14: Kindergarten Ready - Supporting Kindergarten Readiness
- March 14: School Engagement - Inspiring Civic Engagement
- April 11: Dual Credit - How Dual Credit Supports Postsecondary Success
- May 9: Post Grad - Gauging Access to College with the SAT/ACT and FAFSA Analytics
- June 13: Evaluating Efforts/Plan for Next Year - Reflecting on the Year
OSPI/WSAC Wednesday Webinars for School Counselors for 2017-18
OSPI and WA Student Achievement Council will host monthly webinars
specifically designed for school counselors. Past webinars will be posted as
they become available on the
WA Student Achievement Council’s Ready, Set, Grad
Each webinar is 10:30 – 11:30.
Registration information is below for each workshop:
- October 4 - Financial Aid Updates
- November 1 - High School & Beyond Planning Tools
- December 6 - Personalized Planning for Postsecondary Pathways for All Students
- January 17 - K-12 Career and College Readiness
- February 7 - Supporting and Creating a College Going Culture for Underserved Students
- March 7 - Serving Special Populations for College and Career Readiness
- April 18 - Four-Year College Admissions and CADR Update
- May 16 - Dual Credit Updates
Stay connected — go to Email Updates and subscribe to our popular News and More for School Counselors. Our listserv and newsletter will feature upcoming professional learning opportunities, and connect school counselors with resources that support guidance and counseling programs.