- Grant funds are to be used only for the projects for which they were
- Insure that all applicable public works and public
procurement requirements are met.
- All projects must be under construction contract by June
- Funds will be made accessible to districts as soon as
the required documentation (see below) is received by OSPI.
- Awardees will have to report to OSPI on the outcome of
- The grant funds will be claimed through the OSPI 1SPI System. The
payments will go to the school districts’ general fund revenue
account 4100, activity code 64. The district can make the
expenditures in the general fund, or transfer the money to their
capital projects fund.
For more information on the grant claim process, refer to the
OSPI BULLETIN NO. 050-09 GRANTS MANAGEMENT
on the OSPI website.
- Energy Efficiency Grant funds are appropriately expended and
recorded in a district’s Capital projects Fund (CPF), if the
district has one. However, the OSPI grant and apportionment
payment systems do not have the functionality to allow
districts to designate this grant as being part of the CPF
in iGrants. These systems do not enable OSPI to make
payments directly into a district’s CPF. Please refer to the
letter dated November 10, 2010 from Apportionment which
provides a blanket approval to transfer all related energy
grant dollars from the GF into the CPF. Districts must
contact their county treasurer to affect these transfers.
- For districts that have not established a CPF, these
funds may be expended within the GF.
- Districts are expected to keep and to make available on request of OSPI any procurement process documentation, receipts, invoices, and vouchers documenting the expenses related to this grant project.
- OSPI will stop payment if un-allowable expenses are claimed until the situation is resolved.
Before the grant funds are released to the district, they must send OPSI:
- The Energy Services Proposal for the grant project
- School Board Resolution (see the sample resolution on the
main energy page)
- The Executed Contract with the Energy Services Company
- The Notice to Proceed with the project
After the project is completed:
- The “Notice of Commencement of Energy Savings” from the ESCO.
One year from project completion:
- The “Monitoring and Verification Report” from the ESCO.