was formed in July 2006. The purpose of this committee is to maintain citizen oversight on issues pertaining to school facilities and funding for school construction and to advise and make recommendations to the OSPI regarding:
- School facilities.
- Funding for school construction.
- Joint planning and financing of educational facilities.
- Facility plans and programs for non-high school districts.
- Determinations of remote and necessary schools.
2017 CAP Meeting Schedule:
was formed in July 2006 as the culmination of a two-year effort to reconstitute the School Facilities Advisory Board (SFAB). The formation of the TAC was undertaken to enhance the level of expert advice provided to the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction on technical issues related to school facilities.
The TAC is comprised of members appointed by OSPI and was initially impaneled by transition of the SFAB membership into the TAC. The TAC members represent various organizations and industries involved with the construction and preservation of schools. The primary function of the TAC is to provide technical assistance and advice to OSPI, which includes the following responsibilities:
- Promote cost effective planning, design, and construction of public schools in order to achieve reduced maintenance and operation costs.
- Provide expertise and advice on technical matters related to the construction, modification, and maintenance of school facilities throughout the state.
- Facilitate communication between OSPI and professional organizations on technical issues.
- Represent field conditions and school districts.
- Recommend changes to enhance and improve service to school districts
2017 TAC Meeting Schedule: