Conferences, Trainings and Professional Development
This page is for training and professional development opportunities.
- August 3 - ESD 112 Emergency Training Summit; Camas High School
- August 6 - The School Safety Advisory Committee Tent: 2015-16: Sept., Nov., Jan., March, May
- August 11 - ESD 113 School Emergency Mgt & Crisis Response Summit; W.F. West HS, Chehalis
- August 18-19 – ESD 121 Data Coaching Institute, WEA, Federal Way
- August 20 – The Anti-HIB Work Group will meet to being its final, sunset months.
- August 21 - ESD 113 ESD WASEM Safety Planning Session: Friday, Time: 10:00 – 2:00
Tentative plans are for bi-monthly meetings in 2015-16: Oct., Dec., Feb.
- September 8 - PSESD 121 – REMS TA All-Day TOT: Developing HQ Emergency Operations Plans
- September 9 - PSESD 121 – HIB Prevention-Intervention Training (Tentative)
- September 11 – ESD 114 - Using Voice to Foster Resilience
- September 16 - Vancouver, CIT Regional Conference (CJTC)
- September 20-24 – Vancouver, WASEMA Conference
- September 22 / 23 – Spokane / SeaTac, McKinney-Vento Liaison Trainings
- September 23-24 – ESD 105 Safety Summit; Yakima
- December 3-4 – Institutional Educator Administrator Qtly Training, Vancouver
- February 24-26 – NCCE, WA State Convention Center, Seattle
- April 7-9 – ESD 105 - AESD Conference, Yakima
- April 19-21 – Tacoma – Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference
- May 11-13- OSPI Student Support Conference, Wenatchee
- May 12-14 – TBD, Housing and Homeless Conference (Tentative)
- May ___ - TBD, Infant and Early Childhood Conference
Bullying / HIB:
Webinars & Videos
Gangs in Schools: Awareness and Response
- FEMA NIMS (ICS) Courses
- NIMS/ICS in School Preparedness
- Incident Command System (ICS) Training
Building principals in Washington are required to be trained and certified in ICS. Individuals who take this class will be prepared to test for certification to meet the certification requirement. Topics include roles and responsibilities of incident commanders and other staff positions, common terminology, application of ICS to school emergencies, guidelines for establishing a command post, and an overview of the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
REMS Online Courses
Contact the Safety Center