OSPI Support Team: A team of educational content specialists that supplement and partner with ESDs and districts to provide districts and schools with guidance and support
- All schools identified for Comprehensive support for low graduation rate are eligible for a base amount that is differentiated based on student count
- Districts with at least 2/3 of schools identified for support are eligible for a district grant to provide prioritized support to identified schools and the schools that feed into them
Graduation and Beyond: To graduate from high school in Washington students much earn credits, meet standard on state assessments, and complete a High School and Beyond Plan. Resources for educators, school districts, and families can help support students to graduate with a diploma and a meaningful plan for successful future.
Graduation A Team Effort: A collaborative effort to increase high school graduation rates by developing and sustaining a dropout prevention/intervention system, and reengaging youth who have dropped out. The Gate initiative produces monthly webinars, quarterly meetings, and has a host of resources available.
Alternative Learning Department: The Alternative Learning Department provides specific expertise for Alternative Learning Experiences (ALE) and online learning. These flexible instructional models can provide creative solutions to deliver the same education standards. The Alternative Learning Department supports alternative programs with guidance and strategies to both improve academic engagement and outcomes for students and comply with the rules.
Open Doors Youth Reengagement: Open Doors is a statewide dropout reengagement system that provides education and services to older youth, ages 16-21, who have dropped out of school or are not expected to graduate from high school by the age of 21.
Open Doors reengages disconnected youth through programs that:
- Encourage community partnerships
- Create multiple pathways for students to realize success
- Provide an on-ramp to post-secondary achievement through a performance based, individualized support model.