GATE Advisory Committee Meetings
OSPI has convened a Collaborative Partners Oversight Group, bringing together leaders from education, social service, business, and community non-profit organizations. In addition, we have enlisted our partners in various workgroups.
December 10, 2013 - 9:00 AM to Noon
Milestone Measure: Educational Success
The Arts: Hidden in Plain Sight, a Strategy for Success
- apply to all school levels
- are effective in student engagement and retention
- develop skills necessary for academic success
- are a core subject.
Participant Roster (PDF)
+ June 4, 2013
- Graduation Rates (PDF)
Deb Came, OSPI
- Healthy Youth Survey (PDF)
Linda Becker, DSHS/DBHR
- GATE Progress and Structure (PDF)
Dixie Grunenfelder, OSPI and GATE Backbone Members
- Open Doors 1418 Youth Reengagement (PDF)
Sue Furth, OSPI
- Early Warning Indicator Workgroup (PDF)
Sue Furth, OSPI, and Judy Hall, DSHS
- Dropout Prevention, Intervention, and Reengagement Inventory (PDF)
Ron Hertel, OSPI, and Rhett Nelson, OSPI
+ March 5, 2013
- ERDC on the Educational Outcomes and Beyond (PDF)
A briefing on the P20 for K12 reports, also known as the high school feedback reports, and how those are used at the building level. Additionally an Overview of the postsecondary enrollment research brief and other ERDC projects. Katie Weaver-Randall, Office of Financial Management.
- Ready for Life?
How Career and Technical Education, 21st Century Skills, and Worksite learning tie together to lead students to post graduation success. Bryan Erickson, Evergreen Public Schools
- The Role of Internships in Dropout Prevention (PDF)
A chance to learn about the PASS Act-funded Opportunity Internship Program administered by the Workforce Training Board. Mike Brennan, Workforce Training Board.
- The Keys to Student Success: Attendance Matters (PDF)
An overview of the efforts in Franklin Pierce School District to align data and school policy, and the positive results they are seeing in student outcomes. Wendy Dolan, School Counselor, Elmhurst Elementary, Franklin Pierce School District.