Teacher-librarian Peer Coaching 2012-2013
Teacher-librarians learn how to coach their colleagues in the basics of technology integration — strengthening curriculum with specific technologies and building important tech proficiencies. The PD program leverages the Big 6 research process and teaching inquiry with primary sources.
- Plan technology-rich activities and projects.
- Assess and improve lesson design.
- Identify resources and strategies that make learning activities successful.
- Model teaching techniques that integrate technology.
- Team teach.
- Support and encourage their colleagues.
8 Days of Training Over 12 Months
Trainees link their learning goals for the course to school improvement plans, and learn how to communicate up and out. For the first five sessions, they learn the basics of peer coaching coupled with effective instructional strategies that integrate classroom technology. They become active peer coaches throughout sessions 6, 7 and 8, able to
build new coaching skills in real time. The course provides multiple opportunities for
reflection and the sharing of experience among novice coaches.
Cost & Registration