K-20 Educational Network
Request More Bandwidth
We approve your request here at OSPI and look for specific criteria that justify the additional network capacity:
- Utilization — what is your router traffic during school hours. The K-20 Operations Cooperative (KOCO) provides the reports.
- What you’re doing to manage bandwidth — policy, caching, etc.
- What’s on the planning agenda? Are you adding workstations, electronics, additional sites or programs?
- Any other events that will have an effect on how much bandwidth you need.
- Regional or District ITU completes Bandwidth Increase Request Form and emails it to email@example.com.
- Regional or District ITU completes Moves, Adds and Changes Form and emails it to Amanda Carroll.
The Cost Factor
The cost per megabyte is uniform across the state and we don’t bill your district to install greater bandwidth. However, the way we increase bandwidth will vary depending on the your network infrastructure — copper, fiber, fast Ethernet, T1, DS3 — what technical services are available in your area and any contract terms and conditions that might apply.