Resources for Parents, Educators, and Providers
- State-funded Full-day Kindergarten Requirements: These are the components that are to be included in state-funded full-day kindergarten classrooms.
- WaKIDS: Extensive information regarding the Washington Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills (WaKIDS).
- Professional Development and Technical Assistance:
- Full-Day Kindergarten Professional Development: Modules for kindergarten teachers. OSPI has developed three professional development modules for kindergarten teachers that cover Child Development, the Kindergarten Learning Environment, and Learning Centers. The trainings are being offered at Educational Service Districts and school districts may send trainers to trainer-of-trainer workshops. For more information, contact the WaKIDS Coordinator in your ESD.
- Kindergarten Guides
- Other Useful Information
Kindergarten Eligibility State Law
State Guidelines and Standards
- Early Numeracy Pathway, OSPI, in collaboration with the ESDs, has created an early numeracy “pathway” for child from birth through grade 3 that is a great tool for early learning and K-3 teachers when providing instruction in early mathematics.
Special Services for Young Children (0–3 Years)
Early Learning STEM