WA-TPL assumes all district efforts are undertaken in support of student growth. These efforts focus on multiple initiatives that relate to Washington State Math, English Language Arts
(ELA), and Science Learning Standards, Teacher and Principal Evaluation Program
(TPEP), and Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC).
- Professional learning is the primary strategy school districts have to strengthen educators’ performance levels.
- Professional learning standards are the foundation of the WA-TPL project.
WA-TPL is an opportunity for project partners to participate in regional and state efforts that support new practices to substantively advance professional learning that ensures effective standards-based instruction.
- Districts will gain increased administrator and teacher leader capacity so every educator can meet professional expectations and every student can meet career- and college-ready learning standards.
- Washington State will grow its capacity to support statewide professional learning and establish key components of a sustainable comprehensive professional learning system.
- Students will show growth as a result of increased opportunities to engage in high-quality
ELA, math, and science instruction aligned to the Washington State Learning Standards (Common Core
State Standards (CCSS) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)).