Looking for a fun and creative addition to your curriculum? Do you want to enhance your meal program with center-grown herbs, fruits and vegetables? Do you and your students enjoy hands-on learning and teaching activities? Then join OSPI’s Child and Adult Care Food Program for a fun, engaging, hands-on workshop.
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn the basics of how to garden with children.
- Identify the different types of gardens and plants, including indoor gardens.
- Learn culinary activities for children.
- Get a notebook containing all conference materials and garden curriculum.
- Participate in gardening activities -- so please dress appropriately.
- Receive six STARS credit hours.
Cost: Free. Please note: participants will be on their own for lunch; food and beverage will NOT be provided due to federal funding rules.
(but first, please read the important notes below)
- You must be a CACFP sponsor to enroll in this workshop.
- Only one person per sponsor. This way, we can accommodate as many of the
sponsors and facilities as possible.
- A waiting list will be kept for those sponsors hoping to
send more than one participant. There is a place in the
registration form that lets you add additional names for the
- Each workshop is limited to 25 participants.
Dates and Locations:
April 11 - Olympia
April 16 - Moses Lake
April 17 - Ellensburg
May 1 - Tacoma
May 2 - Poulsbo/Bremerton
May 7 - Spokane
May 8 - Spokane
May 14 - Aberdeen
May 16 - Bellevue
June 5 - Longview
June 6 - Vancouver
June 11 - Pasco
June 12 - Yakima
June 20 - Seattle
June 25 - Tacoma
June 27 - Renton
July 9 - Tacoma
July 11 - Auburn
July 16 - Pullman
July 17 - Spokane
July 30 - Bellingham
July 31 - Everett